Candidate will be a self-starting individual that will oversee the project lifecycle of assigned groundwater/environmental related projects within RSCS. This includes planning, collection, and interpretation of groundwater related data on a broad range of engineering, environmental and water resource projects. Frequent interaction and utilization of staff GIS and CAD engineers will be required for project execution. The candidate will have a minimum 5+ years of experience within an environmental engineering or environmental science related consultancy. Must be capable of developing conceptual models that work towards addressing project-based outcomes.
Position may require frequent travel to project sites within the U.S. as well as to RSCS headquarters in Seabrook, NH.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work collaboratively with other sectors/disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design or solution.
- Project management skills. Must be able to collaborate with, and monitor the performance of team members and subcontractors, identifying and ensuring the resolution of any issues that will impact our client.
- Communicate project status updates, and any bottlenecks or issues to the Operations Manager.
- Produce, review and quality-assure project outputs (e.g., documentation, reports, specifications) to ensure that they meet or exceed client expectations and RSCS requirements and comply with national standards and codes of practice.
- Develop effective working relationships with contractor(s) and the client(s) to ensure effective communication of progress and changes and the resolution of issues.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard administrative procedures (SAPs).
- Coach, guide and provide technical advice to junior team members, to support them in their delivery on the project and in their professional development.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the services delivered by RSCS, of the client’s business, and the industry sector to facilitate personal networking and to consolidate personal and company credibility in the industry.
- Ability to work both within a small, dispersed technical team and larger multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines and budgets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Technical characterization, remediation and hydrogeology focused experience
- Ability to frequently travel.
- Familiarity with industry standard practices and regulations
- Supervision/Project Management
- Technical Writing Skills
- Microsoft Suite Skills
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Exposure to noise, grease, fumes, gases, electrical energy, and inclement weather conditions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- MS (preferred) or BS in Hydrogeology, geology, environmental science, environmental engineering, or similar/equivalent.
- Professional experience and proven track record of consultancy work related to understanding of geology and hydrogeology within engineering design and/or regulatory setting.
- Experience managing technical and/or construction projects with a team of 3-4 professionals and vendors.
- Commercial & technical risk awareness.
- Must pass FBI background check.
- Must pass standard drug screening/fitness-for duty.
- Must be able to gain unescorted access to a nuclear power plant or similar nuclear installations.
- Professional certification/Licensure as an LEP, LSP or PG preferred but not required.
Schedule, Employee Type and FLSA Status:
- 8-hour shift, day shift, Monday to Friday
- Full-time employee
To Apply, send your resume to [email protected]
RSCS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RSCS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.