SPIR-ACE Radio Isotope Identification Device (RIID)
The SPIR-Ace unit is a versatile Radio Isotope Identification Devices (RIID) addressing all applications requiring efficient detection and identification of radiological threats in security applications, including civil defense, border security and customs. The SPIR-Ace device can be used in law enforcement, emergency response and other critical infrastructure applications. It also provides accurate assessment of nuclear materials for power plants, safeguard inspection, forensic laboratories and OSI/CTBTO agents.
The SPIR-Ace unit offers identification performance beyond current standards for RIIDs such as for heavily shielded isotopes, unbalanced mixtures of nuclides and Special Nuclear Material (SNM) masked by medicals or Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) within a few seconds.
The SPIR-Ace device offers user-friendly and state-of-the-art features such as easy localization with directional indication, geo-localization and remote data transfer to a command center.
- Ultra-fast and accurate compact identifier
- Superior performance in heavy shielded and unbalanced SNM masking scenarios
- Radiological performance exceeds current standards for radio isotope identification devices (RIIDs).
- Multiple usage scenarios: radiological security, nuclear accident, source assessment applications, etc.
- Automatic gain stabilization without the need for a source
- User-friendly interface
- Optional external alpha and beta contamination probes
- Internal mapping capability
- Live data transmission and reachback capability
- Remote display and control through a web enabled wireless devices
- NaI(Tl) version: dia 35 mm x 51 mm (1.4” dia x 2”)
- LaBr3 (Ce) version: dia 25,4 mm x 34 mm (1” dia x 1.34”)
- Energy compensated GM tube for high gamma dose rate
- Optional neutron detector: moderated 6 LiZnS:Ag scintillator
- Optional external alpha/beta probe
- 25 keV to 3 MeV (gamma)
- 0,025 eV to 15 MeV (neutron)
Gamma dose rate range:
- 0.001 μSv/h to 100 mSv/h (0.1 μR/hr to 10 R/hr)
- Fast digital, MCA 1024 channels, throughput >100 000 cps
- Single, bare or shielded, and mixed isotopes
- 7 libraries containing 80 nuclides
- Identifies up to 8 nuclides simultaneously
- Detection and identification performance exceeds
ANSI N42-34, IEC62327 and IAEA NSS 1:
- Identifies the radionuclides in 5 to 15 seconds at a dose rate of 0.5 µSv/h (50 µR/h)
- ANSI N42.34 / IEC62327 / CE
- Operating temperature range: -20°C to +55°C (-4°F to +131°F)
- Humidity: 93% relative humidity at 40°C
- Water and dust: IP65
- Li-ion rechargeable, 6700 mAh, 3.6 V, built-in charger, replaceable
- Battery life: 8.5 hours
- Charge time: 5 hours using a standard micro USB charging cord
- Weight: maximum (NaI and LiZnS detectors) 1.45 kg (3.2 lb)
- Dimensions: 206 x 153 x 57 mm (8.1 x 6.2 x 2.2”)