GMP-25 External Probe
The GMP-25 probe is intended for monitoring alpha, beta, gamma and X-ray radiation.
The GMP-25 is used as an external detector with the RDS-31/iTx/iTxSD multi-purpose Radiation Survey Meters especially for surface contamination monitoring and source localization applications.
The GMP-25 probe is equipped with a Binder connector and connected to the mating bulk connector interface at the bottom of RDS-31 family survey meters.
Like other Mirion external probes, also the GMP-25 unit is a ” smart” probe, having an internal high voltage generator and non-volatile memory for calibration coefficients and probe identification data. Thus the probe can be connected “on-the-fly” without the need for switching off the meter, which automatically recognizes the probe type and sets the meter reading to defined measuring unit.
- Remote pulse rate measurements
- For alpha/beta/gamma surface contamination measurements
- Converts the meter into contamination monitor
- Sensitive for low levels of alpha, beta and gamma radiation
- For general contamination and frisking applications
- Cord lengths up to 15 meters upon request
- radiation detected: gamma-, beta- and alpha-rays
- energy range: gamma > 6 keV, betaEmax > 100 keV, and alpha > 2 MeV
- detector type: GM tube 7313
- pulse rate range: 0 – 50 000 cps
- mica window with active area: 15.5 cm2 (6.1 in2); window thickness: 1.5 – 2 mg/cm2
- sensitivity: 2.8 cps (170cpm) for 90Sr/90Y uniform source of 0.37 Bq/cm2
- equipped with retractable cord, length 300 mm – 1200 mm (11.81 in – 47.24 in)
- temperature range: operation: -25°C to +55°C (-13°F to +131°F); storage: -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F)
- humidity: 0 – 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Casing of durable ABS/polycarbonate, lenght 375 mm (14.8 in), width 70 mm (2.75 in) (max)
- weight: 490 g (1.08 lb)
The GMP-25 probe is equipped with a Binder connector and connected to the mating bulk connector interface
at the bottom of RDS-31 family survey meters.
Other versions with IKELITE 7 bulk connector and a separate straight cable (various lengths) are available upon